1st of many

We've been doing a series at church titled Hidden Things for what seems like forever. It's all good though, I'm learning a lot and being stretched in many different directions. The biggest thing I've come to realize is that I'm not a label and you're not a label. What I mean by that is that I'm not a christian, atheist, democrat, republican, murderer, thief, rapist, cowboy, homosexual, trucker, guitar playing freak; the list could go on forever. What I'm learning and holding onto is that I was created Imago Dei, that is, in the image of God. If He sees me as an image of Him, then that's what I am, no label needed or earned. Oh, the freedom this brings! I look at people in a whole different light than I used to. I'm not as quick to judge, condemn or profile people.


I've always believed that words are powerful and can shape the fabric of a person. Tell them they're stupid, or worthless enough times and they will eventually start to believe it. I tried my best to always tell my boys they had value and were amazing. "Tried" is the operative word in that equation. I failed more times than I can count but I feel fairly certain they are the men they are today because of the words I spoke over, and to, them. I do not agree with every decision they make and sometimes wonder that the hell they're thinking but they know I love them and I am proud of them no matter what. I see God this way, He may not be happy or agree with the direction I go in but He loves me because I was made in His image.


Of course this is how I understand things, may not be the correct way or what works for you, but its what I feel God is teaching me at this stage in my life. Who knows where this fantastic journey will take me next week, but its a journey I choose to take.

0 comments:

Post a Comment