21

While 18 is the legal age of adulthood, 21 is a much more important number for some people.  At 21 you can legally drink. It seems that at age 21 you finally lose all innocence. You can’t be charged with underage anything ever again.

21 is also the best score you can get at Black Jack.  If you get 21 you’ll hear the coveted phrase “Winner, winner chicken dinner”.

On December 17th I’m looking at another 21.  21 years ago I married Eva-Michelle McElyea.  21 years ago my life officially changed forever, I became a married man.  While this sounds ominous it started the best days of my life.  I've had the privilege of loving the most perfect woman God has ever created.  Now, some may argue with me on that statement and I hope they do.  I hope they feel the same about their wives as I do mine.   You see, I thought I knew what I wanted in a woman, I was wrong on all counts.  It took a blind date, set up by mutual friends, to get two people that were created for each other to meet. Eva is my best friend, my soul mate, my lover, and my helper.  I shudder at the thought of living in this world without her.  She is the one who encourages me to always strive to be better, to not accept anything less than the best and to not give anything less than my best.

This anniversary will go by without any bells or whistles, no huge celebrations, no parties, but my love has never been greater for the one woman I have chose to share my life with.  When you find your one true love you do everything in your power to keep her.  There’s no place for pride, ego or selfishness when you commit your life to that one love.

Eva, I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.  You truly are the wind beneath my earthly wings.  I look forward to spending many more years with you.

Happy Anniversary Baby

5 comments:

Eva M. said...

I say we go for AT LEAST 21 more! :D

Lorrie said...

Wonderful post.. yes, what greater love than to lay down ones life for a brother :-) I'm very thankful for your service and pride in our great country!!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! It gave me plenty to think about... thanks for joining the carnival!

Glynn said...

God - spouse - children - country. Yep, you've got the priorities right. Great post.

Chris said...

It's an honor to know you, Moose. The Air Force is my favorite. I still wear my Dad's fatigue shirt when I'm goofin' off at the house. It's got to be thirty years old.

Post a Comment